CRR 3% | SLR 18% | Bank Rate 4.25% | MSF 4.25% | Repo Rate 4.00% | Rev. Repo Rate 3.35% | SB Rate 3.00-3.50% | Term Dep. 5.90-6.40% | Base Rate 8.15-9.40% | Call Rate 2.40-5.00%
01. 31 Mar.2020: Govt. Cuts Interest Rates on Small Savings Schemes for first quarter (Apr.-Jun.2020) of FY 2020-21. New Rates – PPF:7.10%; KVP:6.90%; NSC:6.80%; Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme: 7.60%.
02. 27 Mar.2020: Maintenance of CRR – RBI decided to reduce the CRR of all banks by 100 bps from 4% to 3% of their NDTL with effect from the reporting fortnight beginning 28 Mar. 2020 for a period of one year, ending on 26 Mar. 2021. It has further been decided to reduce the minimum daily maintenance of CRR from 90% of the requirement to 80% effective from the fortnight beginning 28 Mar. 2020. This is a one-time dispensation available up to 26 Jun. 2020.
03. 27 Mar.2020: Section 24 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 – Maintenance of SLR – Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) – RBI decided to raise the borrowing limit of Scheduled Banks (excluding RRBs) under the MSF scheme from 2% to 3% of their NDTL outstanding at the end of the second preceding fortnight with immediate effect. The enhanced limit will be applicable up to 30 Jun. 2020.
04. 27 Mar.2020: Liquidity Adjustment Facility: RBI reduced the rates. Now the rates are: Repo Rate: 4.40%, Reverse Rep Rate: 4.00%, Bank rate: 4.65%, MSF: 4.65%.
05. 26 Feb.2020 : Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has advised that Short Term Crop Loans eligible for Interest Subvention Scheme (ISS) and Prompt Repayment Incentive (PRI) should be extended only through KCC thus making KCC a prerequisite for claiming Interest Subvention (IS) and Prompt Repayment Incentive (PRI) by farmers w.e.f. 01 Apr.2020. Existing Short Term Crop Loans which are not extended through KCC shall be converted to KCC loans by 31 Mar. 2020. (Vide RBI Circular dt. 31 Mar.2020 this date has been extended to 30 Jun.2020).
06. 04 Feb.2020 : Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) increases the insurance coverage for depositors in all insured banks to Rs.5/- Lac.
07. 19 Jun. 2018: Housing Loans for Priority Sector: Loans to individuals up to Rs.35/- Lac in metropolitan centres (with population of 10 Lac and above) and loans up to Rs.25/- Lac in other centres for purchase/ construction of a dwelling unit per family provided the overall cost of the dwelling unit in the metropolitan centre and at other centres does not exceed Rs.45/- Lac and Rs.30/- Lac respectively.